Tabuels

Saturday, July 9, 2011

CND's Shellac: Complete Review!

I had been hearing about this new nail polish called Shellac from many of my friends for a while, so I finally decided to give it a try. There was so much hype about this product, so I tested it out for myself and here is my thorough review.

Shellac is supposed to last up to two weeks (sometimes even longer) without chipping. I thought this sounded great! My close friends all know how much I love doing my nails and how often I paint them, so I thought this would be a great idea. Two weeks without painting my nails and they would stay perfect? I was sold!

I decided before my graduation party to get them done. There are about 20-25 colors to choose from and the price ranges from $30- $35. I decided to get a french manicure. I loved my nails when I first got them done. They stay shiny for the whole time you have them on. And a perk is that right when the technician finishes your nails, there is no drying. They are completely dry when the process is over so you do not have to sit under a lamp or worry about bumping into things. I thought that was perfect!
The first day I got them done
After the first week, I started to see little tiny ridges (almost like a cut) in the nail polish. I am obsessive with my nails, so that really started to bother me. It wasn't until about a week an a half that my thumb nail did start to chip. By the end of the two weeks, I did encounter chipping, and especially since I am OCD about my nails, I started to pick at them (which you are NOT supposed to do... as I was warned numerous times). It does weaken your nails, just as if you are peeling off nail polish from your nails.
The following week
The process to remove the Shellac, in my opinion, does damage your nail. They drench your nails in acetone and let it sit for a few minutes. After a few minutes, they begin to peel the Shellac polish off with a nail tool, which does remove a layer from your nail.

Out of 10 (being the highest), I would rank my satisfaction with Shellac at a 5.5-6. I will test Shellac out once again down the road, and most likely pick a solid color to see if there is a difference between that and the french manicure. I think Shellac does deserve a second try, so hopefully the second time around is a charm!

I apologize for the length of this review but I wanted to provide you with a honest review of this product. Visit the CND site to learn more about the nail polish yourself! CND Website

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going to say i told you so :P. But I am still addicted to getting a gel mani whenever I am going away on a trip! Because it is definitely worth a little damage to have a perfect mani for a week. Although I noticed that when you hold them under the water for a long time (like 4 hours), it makes them peel off.

    ReplyDelete